Purple Cauliflower Salad Recipe (dairy free & gluten free)
I was scrolling through TikTok late the other night (as one does) when I came across fellow foodie @justine_snack's recipe for a "Cauliflower, Scallion, and Cranberry Salad." Um, can you say YUM?! Naturally, I had to recreate it. This is my rendition of the colorful and nutritious dish.
What you need:
- 1 head of purple cauliflower
- diced garlic
- dried unsweetened cranberries
- sweet white wine vinegar
- a lemon (for zest & juice)
- diced green bell pepper
- diced red onion
- red pepper flakes
- olive oil
- salt & pepper (to taste)
All the ingredients are raw, and the texture is phenomenal. I made this for the fam, and they LOVED it! I am always trying to find fun ways to incorporate fresh veggies and dairy-free dishes into our dinner time routine, and tbh this Purple Cauliflower Salad completely stole the show.
What you do:
- Place your cranberries in a bowl and pour in white wine vinegar just enough to cover them. Let this sit on the side while you assemble the rest of the salad.
- Chop up the head of cauliflower and add it to your blender (I used a Vitamix) with lemon zest and the diced garlic. Blend until it becomes a quinoa-like texture.
- Scoop out the cauliflower mixture into your serving bowl.
- Dice up your red onion and green bell pepper, then mix with the cauliflower in the bowl.
- Pour your cranberries into the cauliflower mixture.
- Roughly chop up your basil and walnuts and sprinkle them on top.
- Add red pepper flakes, salt, and pepper to taste.
- Garnish with fresh thyme, lemon zest, and a generous pour of high-quality olive oil.
I always recommend tossing your salad thoroughly before serving to ensure all the flavors disperse evenly. So, after you get your aesthetic Instagram picture, don’t forget to toss it all together!
(PS unlike most salads, this one saves great in the fridge and makes for fabulous leftovers - I ate mine the next day with Simple Mills crackers.)
Enjoy & Follow my food journey on Insta
Link to this recipes inspiration: